Friday, June 15, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Time.
Time to enjoy the days and nights of this slower season.
Slower in theory I might add.
Stolen moments with Miss Bit.
The idea to to drop everything and read on the trampoline instead of jump.
The idea to treat ourselves to pedicures in the middle of the day.
She forgot to request the nail art, but I think the blue on blue motif is quite fancy enough, and after a few tears she did too.
T. Bone is at that stage where the shared moments include friends.
I'm good with that because he has a solid, upstanding group of them.
Often my involvement is as chauffeur these days, but as driver I sure learn a lot.
I was privy to their end of year sleepover recap whilst these two gabbed on the way to a golf tourney this week.
The idea that we should have ice cream for lunch since the flavor was Nanny's much loved butter pecan.
I'm trying and mostly succeeding at that whole go with the flow thing.
I'm trusting that what must get done...will.
So far so good.
We're living in the moment and taking it day by day.
And as cliche as it sounds, there's really nothing trite or banal about it.

No comments: