Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Days

Summer camp is in full swing, and despite the fact that T. Bone and Miss Bit have quickly grown accustomed to staying up later and sleeping in, I think they are both enjoying their morning activities.  Today I had to serve T. Bone his breakfast bagel with a side of pain reliever.  Wrestling took it's toll on him yesterday.  He was least excited about this class, but after one session it's his favorite.  Of course, any one of his other sections could have contributed to his aches and pains as they all involve athletics. He did mention that he broke some Academy record during basketball yesterday.   I had a chuckle this morning when I realized he's now added two brand new sports to his line-up: wrestling and volleyball.  There simply aren't enough seasons for all the sports he wants to play.

Miss Bit only got one of her first choice selections, but she's enjoying camp as well.  She surprised the both of us by declaring her American Girl Doll section her best.  I was only mildly irritated that she was running around when we were supposed to be leaving changing Kit's outfit and doing her hair.  She hasn't touched her doll stuff in too long to remember so I was more happy than annoyed that she was into it.  Kit accompanied Miss Bit to class today.  If we weren't running so late, I'd have taken a picture.  At almost 8, I know I was still playing with dolls.  I've a glimmer of hope that Miss Bit will want to visit The American Girl Doll store with me this summer.  I'm just not entirely ready to put that stage behind us.

The Mets won last night by a lot.  Now they have the championship Wednesday night.  When I hung T.  Bone's team plaque on the wall behind his door the other day, I realized that he's been playing Little League for 7 years.  He was just a little shaver the first year he was a Yankee. That was the last time he was on a Championship winning team although he has come close numerous other times.  His debut rookie year was also the only time he wasn't an All Star.  That game is Thursday.  We're having dinner at the concession stand this week: popcorn, freezies, sunflower seeds and Skittles.

Well, except for me because I'm lucky enough to have dinner plans tonight with Aunt Jess.  We're headed out to celebrate her birthday.  Happy Birthday to one of my favorite friends...the best kind of friend!  I'm really looking forward to toasting her on a patio on this glorious, sunny day.

No comments: