Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Still Sunny

Since I posted this morning the tides have turned around here.

T. Bone winced his way into the van after camp.  He confided that wrestling is just too painful.  He told me he needed another dose of pain relief STAT and a different session by tomorrow.  I knew he meant business when he confessed he'd take a new session even if it meant origami.  Apparently, they got right into matches today.  When asked if he won any he scoffed, "Yeah, I won them all.  I beat everyone in the class."  I wanted to suggest that may be if he just took it a little less seriously, he wouldn't feel as though he's being drawn and quartered.

Miss Bit finally found us and climbed in.  She clutched her tote out of which Kit's feet were sticking straight up. So much for doing her hair all nice this morning.  With little prodding, she shared that her friend  G. was giving her "G." looks because she brought her doll today.  G. doesn't even own an AG doll and from what I gather she pretty much thinks that playing with dolls is weird and dumb.  I questioned why in the world G. signed up for this particular session if it's so silly and trite.  I refrained from suggesting that maybe she did so just to make her "friends" feel uncool and self-conscious.  I'm pretty much sure that I can kiss that road trip to the AG store good bye.  Thanks G.

I'm going to have to suck it up real hard to cheer for G. tonight.  She's on team Lightning.  I'm free to go to the game now.  Turns out Aunt Jess doesn't really feel like celebrating her birthday after all.  I get it.  I do.

At least the sun is still shining.

No comments: