Friday, May 11, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

First and foremost that it is Friday.  Actually, that it is officially now the weekend: 4:00 Friday, and a gorgeous gift of a day at that.

And for all the goodness still lingering from last weekend.  All that love and togetherness, thankfully, takes time to fade.

The way my son lives and breathes baseball this time of year.  His only practice and/or game-free night this week was Tuesday, and he begged to be dropped off at the little league park to "hang out."  I resisted and balked and then realized that cheering for friends on the field is far better than my erstwhile idea of hanging out, which was at Video Star playing Crazy Climber.

The fact that Miss Bit has rekindled her once close friendship with a neighbor friend.  While they live only a stones throw away, there are more than 2 years between the girls and that can be problematic at times.  Thankfully, this isn't one of them.

The countdown to summer is on too.  Although it's not always feeling that way with all projects and homework.  I just have to remind myself of the reasons why we changed schools and the fact that we are now getting exactly what we wanted.  Friends from the old school were lamenting about how the teachers have stopped teaching and there's still a good, valuable month of school left.  I'm thankful I'm not dealing with that anymore.

Primary election turnout this week.  It's encouraging on one hand, and maddening on the other because this recall is costing precious money that could be used in so many other important ways.

Grapes.  Yeah, they may be $5 a pound, but the last bag I bought was worth it.  They were perfectly round, sweet, yet tart and they popped when popped in your mouth.

Get Off My Internets  I'm finding sick, snarky pleasure in the communal criticism of some bloggers like
MckMama and Dooce who have become hypocritical trainwrecks.  I find validation knowing other people question the overnight bloggy stardom of Nie and Kelle.  I'm all for turning a trial into a tribulation, but I'm skeptical of perfect lives and I'm sorry I don't believe in unicorns.

GOMA's play of the day.  Always good for a smile.

The Chicken Parmesan I made this week that had my man licking his plate.  Not much has been going on in the kitchen at Casa Wags this week, but this...THIS made up for it!

We're going out to celebrate T. Bone's Student of The Quarter award tonight over hot wings and cold drinks.




No comments: