Saturday, May 12, 2012

So Far So Good

I was up before the alarm I set this morning, and while both the boys were in bed, they weren't summoning me to wake.  Last Saturday I woke with a start, jumped out of bed at 9:20 and was sitting in a pew at church 10+ miles away by 9:40ish dreaming of a cup of coffee and wishing I had taken the time to brush my teeth.  I can only guess that so were the rest of the first communicants and their families.  I much prefer this morning's evolution. These are the kind of quiet mornings that recharge me for the day ahead.  The rest of the house is still at rest.  It's still save for the chirping, chawing critters in the yard and the wind sailing through my chimes.  It must be out of the northeast today because there is a chill in the air that wasn't present yesterday.  I'm maybe feeling extra chi thanks to the cloud cover.  I am one of those weirdos who get off on grey skies.  Don't judge because I still like to bask in the sun.

Last night was a really good night.  We enjoyed our family time...dinner and a little shopping.  T. Bone only asked a handful of times to invite a friend before resigning himself to hang out with just us.  Miss Bit has a new nickname :  The Bone Cleaner.  She has absolutely no problem getting every last morsel of meat off of her germy brother's discarded wings.  I bet she'd have spit shined her Dad's as well if he hadn't ordered the blazin'.  After the cleaning crew was finished, we popped into one of my favorite stores at hubby's request, and completed a little challenge.  We each had to find something for another family member for $5 or less.  I won my second competition of the evening when I scored a bottle of balsamic bbq sauce for my man for $3.95.  Because I frequent this store most often, I know where the sale section is.  Miss Bit bought T. Bone a box mix of Ina's chocolate chip cookies for $9.95!  I think they were in collusion because they both fully expected I'd bake them right up when we got home after 9 o'clock at night.  T. Bone picked out a funky shaped ice cube tray for his sister despite the fact that we have an ice maker.  I believe it was priced right.  She came right home and filled it proving once again that you can buy this girl absolutely anything and she'll appreciate it.  Hubby got me a handheld strainer just like the one he said he I needed  last week.  It was $14.95!

Miss Bit and I have to be at church again this morning at 9:00 for May crowning practice.  At least this week there'll be no Hail Marys on the way.  I think I may even have time for another cup of coffee.

Have a good weekend.  I intend to.

No comments: