Monday, May 14, 2012

two day pass






the highlight of this weekend was mother's day morning.
i was treated to breakfast in bed complete with flowers, which were miss bit's touch, and watermelon arranged in the shape of a heart ala t. bone.
the kiddos were so sweet, pleased with themselves and excited for me to open my gifts.
so i did, but it's always the cards that take the cake...homemade and heartfelt from all three of my loves.
t. bone made me a little clay bird to hold jewelry and it is truly a treasure.
he also picked out some tastefully colorful new melamine dinnerware for many meals a fresco to come.
my bit proudly picked out a very pretty pearly earring and bracelet combo, which i promptly put on.
i cannot wait to break in my new frittata pan, a gift from my guy.
t. bone was quick to inform me that it also makes great crepes explaining his extreme enthusiasm over a pan.
on the way to church i got my sign: a pumkin 2 sighting.
all i can say is thank you.
grandma j. met us for mass and that was an extra special treat.
she and i were able to light the very last two candles in memory of our moms which was such a  blessing.
from the corner of my eye, i watched in wonderment as the little flame of my candle burned brightest.
the flame flickered with frenzy.
t. bone and miss bit both noticed it too.
father t. shared an especially sunny sermon...i really needed a boost to lift me for the day.
after ogling over the baby being baptized and her second holy communion, miss bit crowned mother mary.
i could tell she was nervous, yet honored, and also happy to stand next to father t.
we spent the rest of the beautiful day at my in laws visiting.
miss bit christened the pool for the season.
although the air was warm, the water was not, but that sure didn't even give my girl pause.
uncle m. was brave enough to join her much to her delight.
i felt exhausted at the end of the day...emotionally and physically.
it's hard work trying to be happy when you are sad.
the thing is...i miss my mom, but i don't want my kids to miss me.
i want to and need to be present for them.
that's just what moms do.

No comments: