Monday, November 29, 2010

All in a Holiday Weekend

1 lost tooth. Miss Bit's loosey goosey tooth finally came out. Surprisingly, its extraction had nothing to do with her love of turkey legs or apples or gooey, chewy candy. She was beside herself anticipating her second visit from the tooth fairy all day yesterday. She made her a beautiful picture and wrote a little note that I failed to read. It said, to the Dear the Tooth Fariy: I love you. Pleas bring a small presit. from Lil Bit. Thank you. I found out that present did not mean dollars, as in $3, so upon waking this morning my girl was rather pouty and downright grumpy. I didn't make matters any better when I told her that I used to get 50 cents for my teeth.

2 days of yummy leftovers. I never tire of turkey sandwiches and although I'm not a gravy girl, I'm tempted to eat the rich dreamy dressed up drippings my Dad made by the spoonful. Last night the last of the turkey became the protein in a creamy chowder that my kids even ate happily. Overnight, the racoons devoured the tail end of the feast. Their spread included stuffing, pumpkin bars and sweet potatoes. I cut the tops off the last of our pumpkins so the squirrels could eat the seeds.




3 shopping trips. And I'm happy to report that I didn't step foot in a single store all weekend long. I did do my fair share of cyber shopping, hubby stepped out for a little black Friday madness, and he loves Woodman's so very much that he wanted to do the grocery shopping yesterday too!
4 miles around the neighborhood. It was warm enough yesterday that we were able to don baseball caps instead of woolen hats and really work up a sweat as the sun beat down on our faces and we worked off some of the leftovers.
5 days off to spend plenty of time with family and friends around the house. We shared bottles of wine with friends in the evenings, had some for an impromptu breakfast, others for a last minute pizza dinner and then sent our neighbors home last night with a warm dinner after a nice end of weekend visit. We all enjoyed playdates, and watching football and movies together. A friend of mine from college came to town for her annual visit. It was so nice to enjoy long overdue coffee talk while our 5 children had fun entertaining one another. We got 3 whole, mostly uninterrupted hours to catch up. The family settled in for a little quiet time Saturday night after everyone left. We watched Hachi and were all red eyed puddles after that tearjerker. Elf made its seasonal debut yesterday too.
Many naps.




Much down time. Yoga pants and fleece kinda days. Time to read and think and dream and talk...time to work on projects and chores, and to decorate for the holidays. My hubby got a good start on the outside lights. Miss Bit and I ornamented the little pink tree that lights up her room. Limited computer time, no blogging...just being.
5 days until it's the weekend again.

No comments: