Sunday, November 21, 2010

soaking in sunday









i woke today to my tigger alarm - the wet, cold nose of my warm, fuzzy feline against my resting hand.
i was up early enough to take in a little mary oliver with my morning coffee.
the quiet both inside and out is a welcome start to any day.
the kids stirred easily and there were zero sleepy early morning struggles.
on the way to church, joy to the world came on and i started crying as i almost always do the first time i hear it each holiday season.
within moments i was laughing though because t. bone led miss bit in their favorite version: barney's dead.
he's one erstwhile childhood obsession i'm not a bit nostalgic over.
despite the fact that the streets around our church were abuzz, we scored rockstar parking, a warm greeting from father t. whom we haven't seen in awhile, and "our" pew.
i strolled to starbucks while the littles had sunday school.
i sat sipping my first naughty egg nog latte of the season while admiring the city's christmas tree in the square all aglow.
it was nice.
i felt ready for the merriment and eager for it to be cold enough for the ice rink in front of the coffee shop to be flooded and filled with rosy cheeks, colorful knit hats and bright striped mittens.
i took out my journal and wrote with gratitude for the better part of an hour.
it's one of those days that my heart feels so full and my spirit is soaring.
we dropped an eager t. bone off at my brother's club to spend a few hours working out/hanging out with his uncle.
miss bit and i took the long way home along the lake so we could check out all the dogs and listen to more of the nora jones cd i just purchased.
my girl was feeling a little left out upon learning of her brother's date so we made our own.
we headed out to spend the gift certificate i've been saving since my birthday at my sil's store.
then we went next door to get her nails done.
she vacillated between witchy green and blueberry blue and finally settled on plain purple.
decisions... lofty decisions.
the nail tech topped her off with some sweet little flowers.
she was happy so i was happy too.
we baked a batch of cinnamon streusel muffins to look all pretty atop my new cake stand.
hubby came home from a weekend away hunting and played some football with t. bone.
my bit and i played a few hands of uno and enjoyed kiddie cocktails with extra cherries.
we sat down for a family dinner and then the evening's episode of amazing race.
miss bit was inspired by her afternoon visit to open her own salon in the family room.
we were treated to wonderful foot massages aveda lotion and all.
well...hubby and i enjoyed them- t. bone declined, which just meant longer ones for mom and dad.
now i'm ready for bed even though i'm not ready for monday.

No comments: