Thursday, November 25, 2010

a glimpse of gratitude

i woke up this morning in my cozy warm house to a chilly grey day.
thanksgiving is supposed to be cloudy and cool and the forecast should speak of snow flurries.
t. bone gave me a big happy thanksgiving hug first thing.
miss bit doled out sweet kisses.
i had time to get my first mug of morning coffee before joining lil bit for macy's parade.
i've never been a fan, but my mom was a faithful follower so i am doing this for my mom with my girl.
hubby's turkey is in the smoker.
my mom's zucchini casserole is made and i feel like i finally got it right...the right combination of onion to squash and seasoning.
the pumpkin bread (also her recipe) is plated.
there should be time for a walk...a brisk walk...this morning and my legs are feeling up to it despite the many miles logged with my man this week.
then we'll travel over the river and through the woods singing christmas carols to feast with family.
my dad's been cooking all week because it's what he loves and you can taste the love in his food.
he's made 5 kinds of bread for 6 people...with my loaf of pumpkin, we can each claim one.
we'll share what we are thankful for and toast loved ones we are missing with red or white or sparkling.
there is so much...there are so many.
after dinner we'll play uno and apples to apples and maybe some poker.
miss bit will read 'twas the night before thanksgiving for us all to show off that she can.
the kids will get jammied up and we'll drive home full.
full of turkey and stuffing and love and family and gratitude.

No comments: