Friday, November 19, 2010

Grateful Friday




Today I give thanks for...
My future Badgers (today is college day at school). During this trying week, I am most thankful for my children who remind me of the joy in life today and give me a reason to have hope for tomorrow. Something as simple as going out for breakfast mid-week can totally make their day. I admit it was the bright spot in my Wednesday as well. Pancakes with plenty of syrup served up with a side of sausage or bacon so good you cannot even eat lunch. I told them how my Great Grandma Pearl, often requested breakfast for our dinners out at this restaurant when I was a child. He paid the bill and made sure I left the right tip, no quarters...only dollars...just they way he'd want it. He's always so fair and just. They're both always appreciative saying "thank you" before we were buckled in the car. They make me laugh and they make me smile. Even a trip to the Laundromat to wash comforters is a fun occasion with them in tow. He brought out the Mad Libs, and asked for a body part. She said, "Bootymas maximus," with a smug, I know Latin smile. He said, "No, too long." She then offered, "Buttox." He wants to cuddle at the end of the day even though he no longer really fits in my lap. She barely does, but she still curls up in there any way. She and I take turns brushing each other's hair just like my Mom and I used to do as we all watch Survivor. She claims to know the bleeped out word (the "F" one), but she doesn't want to say it because it's a "Bad word." I tell her she can tell me. "Crud," she confesses. I'm just surprised she hasn't tattled on her brother for all the swearing he does on a daily basis. Crud is so one of his words.

I'm beyond thankful for my hubby too. When I'm feeling disconnected, it affects our relationship. He knows when to give me space to get out of my head. I'm so lucky that he's a kind, considerate, patient partner. He's off next week so we'll have lots of time for togetherness, walks and talks. He deserves it too because he's been working like a dog.



No comments: