Friday, November 26, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

T. Bone's Santa Claus debate with classmates at lunch the other day. His Jewish friends were telling him and his Christian friends that Santa is really Mom and Dad. I told him that was ridiculous and he readily agreed. He believes. He still believes.

I believe.

A quick window shopping trip with T. Bone and Miss Bit yields ideas to help us keep the magic alive.

On hold for me at the library: Katrina Kenison and Dani Shapiro. Just what I need to quiet my mind during this frenetic time of year.

This cake. Well, at least I think so. I'm still waiting for my hubby to come home from his parent's with a piece, but it took incredible resolve to keep from sending him with a cake missing a giant slice.

Oprah's favorite things despite the fact that I'll never get to be in the audience for that show since there won't be another one.

Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious and totally worth not eating all day for.

Leftovers. My Dad and Step-Mom sent us home with enough turkey and fixings for another whole feast. I made myself a turkey sandwich for linner (lunch + dinner = linner).

flash mobs.

This awesome choir.

When I reminded Miss Bit to say her prayers the other night, she replied, "Oh, I already prayed for you and my family here and in heaven and for my friends and for God too."

There's a new Focker flick coming out for the holidays. LOL!

The boys against the girls in a game of Pictionary last night. The girls won! Twice!

Watching Miss Bit devour a turkey leg last night decked out in her pilgrim bonnet.

Going to pick T. Bone up at a friend's this afternoon and staying for a glass of wine and conversation with his Mom. We found out that we went to the same elementary school and high school just a year apart. The funny thing is that they were in different districts. Small world.

Cybershopping today and finding the perfect gifts. I didn't step foot in a store, but I made plenty of progress.

Woodman's. All I can say is wow!

A hike at the Audubon with my hubby this week and then over the river and up and down the hills. I already logged 15 miles this week.

A date with my friend Pee tomorrow. She comes to town every Turkey day and we make it a point to get together for coffee or wine and always lots of chit chat. I don't see her as often as I'd like, but when I do...it's like we haven't been apart.

A free and clear weekend.

Festive, fun, soulful Christmas music. On my wishlist this year...Glee's Christmas album.

Thyme's frasier fir.

Food you can taste the love in. My Dad's squash chowder and gravy. My Step-Mom's cranberry bread and sweet potatoes. Hubby's smoked turkey and salsa (no, we didn't serve it for Thanksgiving). My Mom's zucchini casserole and pumpkin bread.

So very much to be thankful for.

No comments: