Friday, November 5, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Feeling the chi this morning. I woke feeling much more positive than I have all week. I woke early and got out of bed ready and eager to take on the day even if it was only 30 degrees.

Taking the scenic route to work today. A drive along the lakefront is centering for this water loving land dweller. Their were some serious white caps rolling in. This morning the lake would have been a surfer's paradise.

A belated anniversary getaway for just me and my man this weekend. We have one reservation for dinner at a cozy northwood's cabin and the rest of the time to explore and relax as we please.

Grandmas and grandpas who are very excited to have the littles for not 1, but 2 nights.

Both kids are doing so well in school. T. Bone's writing has much improved in every aspect. It's such a gift to hear him finding his voice. Miss Bit's reading has just taken off. So much so that I found her staring at the computer reading my blog the other day!

Treating myself with kid gloves this week. I was feeling a little fragile so I was tender with myself.

Miss Bit asking me what thoughtful was. I told her, "It's you. Someone who cares about others, and has a kind heart and giving spirit." "Oh, yeah," she said. She got it. It's so very true.

Purging...closets, baskets, drawers, bins, shelves and whole entire rooms. It's hard to get rid of things. There are so many memories attached to the trappings in life. I found a box of my Mom's perfectly wound Christmas ribbons and I cried like a baby. I also came across the outfit my Mom wore the last time she got dressed up crumpled in a dry cleaning bag and I cried some more because it no longer smelled like her. Later that day, Miss Bit spied one of her dollies in a donation box. She mused, "I really like that baby, but I want some little girl to have her who doesn't maybe have any dolls." Then she went downstairs to find another outfit that belonged to this doll and said, "Someone's going to have so much fun dressing you up," as she kissed her cheek good bye.

An afternoon with my kids yesterday. Of all things we went shopping at T. Bone's request. He wanted to find a particular red fleece Bucky jacket that he had conjured up in his wildest dreams. We made several unlucky stops, but finally found exactly what he wanted on line just before bed last night. When he woke up this morning the first thing out of his mouth was, "Do you think my Badger jacket is here yet?"

My Mom's tuna casserole. It's my childhood served in a corningware dish.

The right to vote. Turnout was high, but then I guess the stakes are too.

Banana chip muffins. No one even noticed I used whole wheat flour.

Swimming lessons started last night. Miss Bit's friend C. is in her class this time and I got to chat with her Mom, my friend S. Knowing I'm going to see S. will make it easier to motivate out of the house on cold Thursday nights.

Knowing my hubby's great Uncle Karl who passed a week ago in his sleep. He touched many people and was sent off with quite a tribute he more than deserved. Remembering him has made me think much about the kind of legacy I want to leave my loved ones.

A date with T. Bone and Miss Bit and tickets to see Cirque Dream Holidaze in a couple weeks.

"Jings." That's what my girl calls her denim leggings.

Crazy (and cute) cat ladies.


Photographic proof that T. Bone can and does dance.


No comments: