Friday, April 30, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...


Hubby has ONE...1...Uno class left before he finishes his MBA!
Miss Bit telling me the other day, "I like that about you Mom. You're always honest. And cute. And I like your hair every day and your clothes." I had a good laugh since I hadn't showered yet and was sporting my fancy yoga pants.
My feline boys have each other. The other morning I kept hearing this little mew...a quiet cat call. Sure enough Peanut was in the basement, and he was summoning Tigger to come play. When I called attention to it, Tigger high tailed to the rec room for a game of ping pong and a little tent hide & seek.
T. Bone hung with his Uncle Saturday. They had a sleepover, took part in their own decathlon and then met my Dad for golf the next day. T. Bone loved driving the cart as much as driving the ball.
A victory for the Red Sox! Hopefully, one of many this season. T Bone's got a new position...catcher.
Lavender mint shampoo. It feels as refreshing as it smells.
One pair of peace heart tennis shoes left in Miss Bit's size. She doesn't want to take them off!
"All we are we are and every day is a start of something beautiful."
Miss Bit asked if she can visit her 90+ year old great uncle. She reminded me, "Mom, I just love old people." They love her too.
A bursting with blooms crab apple tree in our front yard.
Even though I slept restlessly, hence not enough, last night, I still managed to get up early to workout. Never mind that I really had no choice since when I went to change the time on my alarm at 6:10 this morning, I ended up changing the time all together.
T. Bone, the man of the house the past couple days, killed a spider for us last night. He is pretty afraid of spiders, but even more afraid of lady bugs!
Target. They had the exact same patio cushions as World Market for half the price!
Jess stopping by on a whim Sunday. She was able to join us for dinner and dancing (With The Stars a.k.a. T. Bone and Miss Bit).
Old pictures. Images of childhood. Million dollar memories.
My hubby comes home tonight. I'm realizing I don't sleep so soundly when he is away.
My frister is coming over tonight, and I'll be most grateful if the rain holds off long enough for us to enjoy a cocktail (or 2) on the patio on my new cushions!
While we were planning outings and excursions for our Bermuda trip Miss Bit gave me a sideways glance and questioned, "Mom are we rich?" I refrained from informing her that no we were just acting like it and that she better not get used to it, and instead said, "Yes, because we have each other."
30 something days left of school. Ready for greener pastures, and big change come fall.

No comments: