Friday, April 23, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...


T. Bone loves his souvenir Beijing hat so much that he's been sleeping in it.

Miss Bit snuggled in every night with Alice and Sparkles for Sweet Dreams.
Miss Bit discovering leg warmers for the first time the other day. When I set them out on her bed, she acted like she didn't want to wear them, but before she left for school she was telling me to take a picture.
A chocolate cherry scone with my latte last Sunday...the only thing that could have made it any better would have been almonds.
Honesty.
T. Bone expressed his feelings to a classmate who had not been being a good friend lately and things are back on track between them. Feelings and expressing them with words is often alien territory for 9 year olds.
Apologies.
T. Bone and his friends knocked down THE FORT yesterday in retaliation for weeks of exclusion and taunting. That was a prime example of not using your words. He called his friend P. to tell him he was sorry. That takes cajones for a 9 year old.
Forgiveness. Righting wrongs.
Clean sheets. Just put away the flannels until fall.
My curtains are coming soon.
T. Bone got all choked up while watching Idol Gives Back this week. We have been talking a lot about poverty and charity the past couple days.
An episode of The Office last night worthy of watching again. I'm still chuckling over Dwight's line, "Is that the show with the puppets who live in the barrio?" And I'm so adding the word rube to my lexicon.
Robins.
A phone call from an old (and good) friend just to check in. It's like getting a long distance hug.
Lunch with a friend today.
T. Bone has his first Little League game of the season this weekend. Go Sox!
Miss Bit is going from level I swimming to level III. When she heard she was skipping level II, she skipped to the locker room singing, "I love swimming yea oh yea I love swimming!"
Only 2 nights of class left for my hubby!
Spring thunderstorms.
Change. It's difficult, but true growth occurs when we step out of our comfort zones.
Quiet...both inside and out.

No comments: