Friday, April 16, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Sticking up for myself with the cake lady, and our accountant. Nobody likes confrontation, but there is a time and a place for it.

This enlightening quote from The Shack: Trust is the fruit of a realtionship in which you know you are loved. Because you do not know that I love you, you cannot trust me.

Jack Johnson is coming soon to a theater near me!

Three (3)! more classes until hubby gets his hard earned MBA!

How sweet and helpful T. Bone and Miss Bit have been this week while I have been sick.

Hubby overheard Miss Bit saying her prayers the other night. She said, "And bless all my Grandmas and Grandpas, but not strangers...well, not tonight. And thank you for having my Nanny up in heaven with you." Then he overheard her crying quietly as she held her Alice. That child is purity and compassion and goodness.

Pink grapefruit. Peanut was even begging for a bite the other morning. Miss Bit took one and ended up spitting it in the sink. More for me.

T. Bone took home second place for his Derby car, Psycho Stealth's, design. He came to give me his medal as soon as the ceremony ended saying, "Just put that away Mom, I don't want to be a show-off."

Catching Miss Bit washing her feet the other day in the bathroom sink. She knows just how much her Mama LOVES clean tootsies.

Jess for completely understanding that I was not in any condition to accompany her as I promised to her friend's mother's funeral Sunday.

Gymbucks even though my girl just let me know that her favorite store is now Justice. She sweetly agreed to wear T. shirts sporting bejewled flip flops despite the fact that she actually prefers peace signs these days.

Dinner on the patio Sunday night eventhough we had to move in for the strawberry shortcakes topped with fresh whipped vanilla cream.

Hearing the swish and bounce of the basketball in the mornings before school instead of the booting up of the computer.

Reading Junie B. with my girl before bed. She loves when I get into character.

Miss Bit's belly laughs at her brother's antics. He can give her a serious case of the sillies.

A size 12 seersucker blazer suddenly available at Crewcuts Sunday morning. It fits T. Bone like a dream.

T. Bone, Lil Bit and Miss O. came home from school and immediately sat down at the kitchen table to do their homework straight away Wednesday so they could get out in the yard on the beautiful afternoon.

The peace I felt at knowing that my Mom was behind the tulips opening up just in time for my sil-to-be's shower last weekend. She was letting me know she was there.


Rose took me to a Crossing Over Circle last night. It was unbelievably incredible, and yet I totally believe. My Mom was there. More to come...

No comments: