Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good Day

I woke up at a little after 7:00 this morning and made a trip to the bano. Then I crawled back into the comfort of my bed thinking I might settle in for a little more slumber. I was resting for a few moments when I realized that I was ready to get up...I was rested...hear me Internet - I am saying that I had ENOUGH sleep, and so I got up. I knew then with absolute certainty that today was going to be a good day.

While the kids ate their breakfast, I threw together the ingredients for a little lentil soup (actually, there is little that is little about this soup...it is really very hearty), which some of us will have for dinner. Ahem! The rest of us will eat delicious soup out of a can. I was out the door soon after the bus pulled away and in route to the Audubon for a hike on this lovely fall morning. There were no school buses in the parking lot so I gratefully resigned myself to enjoy the solitude of the sanctuary. The Grassland Loop was a muddy mess, which explains why I had it to myself except for a lone buck and many moles. It was seriously mole mania today on the trails. As I finished the loop, I heard many small voices only to realize that they had arrived...school children in mass, that is to say. I spent the rest of my time avoiding the chattering children in an attempt to preserve the peace. I finished my hike just in time to pick up my T. Bone from school for some pizza therapy before his orthodontist appointment.

Me and my growing boy headed to the mall for our lunch date at his favorite pizza place...Rocky's. I am always in the mood for a Garden of Eatin' slice so it was a win win. He ordered up a Superslice and ate me under the table. Nerves, I tell ya'. We had a little more time to kill before his appointment so we walked around the mall for awhile. We stopped to browse in a boutique I love and I saw a skirt I have been coveting since my birthday (months...that is). They had one left, and it was my size. Concidence? T. Bone convinced me to buy it, but he didn't have to work very hard. I welcomed a little retail therapy.

T. Bone's expander is in place and he isn't in pain, but he sure sounds funny. Apparently, for no charge, said expander comes with a lisp. I ended up at the library after I took him back to school. I settled in with a stack of magazines for a little lost time.

Today's a good day...and here's the thing...it's not even over yet. There's nothing at all to suggest that tomorrow won't be, cannot be...a good day too.

No comments: