Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Love!






This very special man was born 42 years ago today so it is a day to be celebrated. This man is one in a million and I am so thankful that I met him 24 years ago.
42 reasons why I loooove the one I'm with...
1. He gets better looking every year...see above, and note that he was cute to begin with!
2. His glass is always half full.
3. He rarely says "I told you so," and almost always says, "I'm sorry" first.
4. Together we created our two beautiful children.
5. We share the same goals, dreams and aspirations for our family and our future.
6. He always makes me feel safe.
7. T. Bone and Miss Bit have great fun with their Daddy, but they also have great respect for him. He is a wonderful role model.
8. Family is important to him...his, mine, our's.
9. He never balks at the open door policy I have with family and friends.
10. He is forgiving and never holds grudges.
11. When we run together, he lets me set the pace, and he never complains that I'm slow.
12. He works hard to provide for our family, and after a full-time day on the job, he's a part-time student.
13. He is a great listener, and he always gives sound, thoughtful advice.
14. He almost always takes my side.
15. He is always putting others first. There isn't a selfish bone in his body (you do know there are 206 bones in the body...right?)
16. He kills spiders and centipedes for me.
17. He even watches reality t.v. with me, and almost always lets me pick the movie we watch despite my sketchy track record.
18. He waits until I'm in bed to watch his ultimate fighting shows.
19. We share mostly the same taste in music and both like to see live performances.
20. He never races to judgement. He is always fair and open minded.
21. He's the one that gets up with the kiddos in the middle of the night.
22. He likes to travel. Together we have experienced many places. We have plans and dreams to make our way to so many more.
23. He misses my Mom just like I do.
24. Sometimes...he reads my blog.
25. He's got spirit. He was Bucky Badger in college.
26. He likes to cook, and is the go-to grill guy in my family. He makes some mean salsa and ribs we all request numerous times a year.
27. He waits to put his fiery hot sauce and seasonings on his culinary creations until after I have served myself.
28. He is incredibly loyal to loved ones.
29. He is a great friend and still gets together with his group of friends from high school.
30. He hangs whatever I ask him to with only minimal grumbling.
31. He never says that I shop too much.
32. He usually cleans the toliets and the litter pans.
33. He always puts the toliet seat down!
34. He thinks (or at least he tells me) that I am the best baker.
35. He gets involved with the kids...scouts, coaching...you name it.
36. He is level headed and always calm in a crisis.
37. He is goal oriented and always striving for his PB!
38. My kids have his dreamy baby blues.
39. You should see him in his Levis.
40. We share the same political views...religious views and goals and morals too.
41. I know that when my kids are grown and on their own that I will be excited to have him all to myself.
42. This list was easy...truly only the tip of the iceberg.
I hope you have a great brithday weekend Love! I love you...Me

No comments: