Friday, November 13, 2009

Carte Blanche aka Blank Cheque



Ta Da! This is THE textbook definition of carte blanche. This is what happens when you have a glass of wine before your evening hair appointment. This is what happens when you want a little change and you tell your trusted hair dresser, "whatever you think." This is what happens when you agree to his experienced, professional suggestion to "warm it up." This is what happens when he disappears into the back room for 15 minutes to "concoct" colors to transform your look in less than 2 hours and for only $150 ($50 more than you usually shell out). This is what happens when the glaze he applies to your whole head is called "strawberry" and it is pink. This is what happens when your hairdresser is a new dad to a 4 month old who has rendered him severely sleep deprived and not quite himself.
And now...I am not quite myself. I am a red head, or as my hubby keeps lovingly reminding me, an orange head. I'm not quite sure I ever aspired to be a carrot top, but that is my destiny until Monday when I can get some magic rinse that will restore my natural color...almost. With my luck...I'll end up with pink hair. Miss Bit would love that. Her favorite book right now is Pinkalicious and well, pink is my favorite color...just not for my hair, although it just may be better than orange.
I keep telling myself that it's only hair, but I wasn't so sure I wanted to come to work today. So far I have 3 yeas and 1 nay and 1 if you like it. Guess who is smart enough to leave it up to me?
Miss Bit came into my bathroom this morning and said, "MOM! Like how did you get RED hair?" I asked her if she liked it. She honestly replied, "It's wacky! But how did you get RED hair?!" I gave up Kevin...I had no choice. She responded, "Well, he sure wasn't too smart!" Then I dried it and took the flat iron to it and came down dressed in black fearful that any color in my clothing would get me mistaken for a clown today, and Miss Bit said, "MOM, YOU REALLY LOOK BEAUTIFUL! YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR HAIR LIKE THAT FOREVER! I REALLY REALLY MEAN IT!" (It must have been the lipstick I got talked into buying last night, or the new skirt.) T. Bone asked very concerned, "You aren't going to have to pay to have this fixed are you?" By the way, he's the nay.

No comments: