Saturday, November 21, 2009

This Week

Watching: This entertaining and surprisingly touching tale of literally reaching for the skies and never giving up on dreams, love, life.

AND
This raw and riveting unraveling of the "American dream," a marriage and 2 individuals. Kate Winslet earned her Oscar for this performance.


Listening to:
Reading:
I'm still sufferring through New Moon. I've decided that I am far too far to not finish (like page 500 of 550), but I need a clean break before I move on. I am going finish it as soon as I get off the computer. Done!
Baking/Eating/Cooking:
Lots of comfort food. Pumpkin cream cheese and banana chocolate chip muffins, and ooey gooey, extra chocolately brownies. Popcorn at least 3 times this week...I never get sick of it. Pork chops with wild rice, roasted cauliflower and lasagna baked ziti.
1 pound ziti (or rigatoni)
1 T. olive oil
1 Large yellow onion, chopped
3/4 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 pound ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c. chopped oregano (or T. Italian spices)
2 pound jar of marinara sauce
15 oz. container low fat ricotta
1/2 c. fresh grated Parmesan
2 c. shredded mozzarella
Heat oven to 400.
Cook pasta according to directions.
Heat oil in large skillet, and add onion, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until no trace of pink remains. About 7 minutes.
Add garlic, and spices and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and heat through. Remove from heat. Add the ricotta and 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Once mixed, add pasta and toss. Spread the mixture in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with mozarella and 1/4 of Parmesan. Bake until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
You can add a package of frozen spinach thawed and drained when you add the ricotta, but I don't because although my kids love spinach, they suddenly hate this casserole when I add it. So I serve up a side of fresh, steamed spinach and everyone is happy!
I'm Feeling rested and ready for the holiday season that is upon us...dare I even say, a little festive? And a lot frustrated with Blogger...formatting is a female dog!

No comments: