Friday, November 20, 2009

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for…

My new Christmas play list. I love, love, love Christmas music. I’m listening to it right now and it makes me feel light and hopeful. I wish I could post it here, but since I cannot, let me know if you want me to email the link to you.

Cashmere. I splurged and bought my very first cashmere twin set. Now I want to replace all of my fall and winter sweater sets. I better start playing the lottery…I own lots of them!

Next week is Thanksgiving. Even as I feel myself missing my Mom even more than last year, I am thankful for so much…so many. Thanksgiving was her favorite holiday and it reminds me of many happy times…it reminds me of her. My Dad loves Thanksgiving too because he enjoys all of the cooking. He told me last night that he already made his delicious sausage and squash chowder. He has plans to try a Brussels sprout gratin. I love watching him in action in the kitchen because it makes him so happy to make good food for the people he loves…it reminds me so poignantly of his mother, my grandmother, who inspired so many family members in the heart of the house.

Daisies. There are 17 and counting in Miss Bit’s troop. We had our first meeting this week and the girls were beyond excited and incredibly sweet. I feel privileged to be one of the leaders even as I warn you that a snarky post on parents is certainly forthcoming soon.

My hubby is enjoying a weekend at the cabin with his Dad and 3 brothers and the only grandchild who is old enough. It is an annual tradition for them to converge on their Northwood’s cabin for hunting and cards and camaraderie.

Tonight the kids and I have a movie night. We will get in our pjs, make some popcorn and hunker down to watch Up.

My hair. Second time was a charm. I went to see Kevin again last night and I left there feeling like a million bucks, and it didn’t cost me another dollar.

Housewives of OC. Thanks to them I logged 10 miles on my treadmill so far this week!

Lego time. This week T. Bone has been hard at work building one of his Star Wars ships. He likes help and we have a little system. I supervise and help Lil Bit find the pieces for the next step and he puts them in their places. It has made me realize and appreciate how good he is at visualization. I so admire that because it is near impossible for me to look at a picture and recreate what I see.

Pizza lunch in the conference room today. It was a little morale booster planned by our resident "reverend."

Watching The Nutcracker and the Mouse King with Miss Bit Sunday morning. Now we are both really excited for our mother/daughter date with our friends next month to see the ballet.

No comments: