Friday, September 18, 2009

The Power of the Words in my World This Week

Willy’s words on my way to work today -
Some say I need a driver,
A Nixon mask and gun…
But let me tell brothers and sisters,
That’s not how you get a bank job done.
You can’t walk in there brazen with an Uzi like Patty Hearst,
I’m gonna secure myself a seat on the board of directors first.
Oh that’s how you rob a bank.

http://www.willyporter.com/

Headline from Today’s Wall Street Journal -
Banker’s Face Sweeping Curbs in Pay –
Fed Plans to Limit How Lenders Can Structure Compensation for Executives, Traders, Loan Officers; 5,000 Firms Affected

Just about everyone I talked to this week…
You Sound Terrible!

The sentiment expressed on the card we gave Father T. for his 50th birthday...
LET US CELEBRATE WITH WINE AND SWEET WORDS

On last night’s season premier of The Office as spoken to hubby…
That was a good one! Don’t delete that. I’m gonna have to watch that one again.

T. Bone’s keen observation this week…
Mom, your hobby is the computer!

What I heard when I picked up the phone at least once almost every night this week…
Dead silence…no words…not even any heavy breathing.

Conversation with the CEO of my company who gave me the Badger tickets for last week’s game…
T. Bone is a great kid, and he really got into the game. Boy he really loves football! It was so much fun to sit next to him.

T. Bone’s rationalization Monday morning when I was trying to speed his plow lest I be late again for work again because he spends more time talking than eating during breakfast…
A.’s (yes they’re on a first name basis) a really nice man so I don’t think he would fire you.

Comment made by contractor after the phone rang no less than 20 times in the 90 minutes he spent at our house…
Is this Grand Central Station?

On a visit to my Facebook Farmville stead, T. Bone grew envious…
Awww Mom, look at your ugly duckling. It’s so cute! I want one!

What I hear a million times a day…
Mom. Mom. Mommmmm! Mommmmmmm!! Mommmmmmmm!!!

Proof that Miss Bit is already a diva…
Mom, I just don’t wanna wear that because it’s not too beautiful and nobody will tell me I look beautiful and I won’t feel beautiful.

Miss Bit doesn’t miss an opportunity to let others know…
You know what?! We have a t.v. in our car. Yeah, really…we do!

My admission to nail technician this week…
My guilty pleasure is Real Housewives.
After which she sized me up with studied skepticism and said…
OMG did you see the previews for this week? I think Kim got another boob job!
It was the fastest pedicure of my life.

Observation of regular gym rat…
Long time no see. Where you been?

Hubby’s question when going through our Tivo list…
You didn’t tape The Bold and the Beautiful, did you?!
(Another of my guilty pleasures.)

What I told anyone who would listen the past couple days…

I got a new bra!!!
Yes, it is that exciting!

On shirt I wore during yesterday's workout...
Just do it

On shirt T. Bone tried to wear to school for picture day today...
Keep swinging my catcher likes the breeze

On a magnet on my fridge...
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.

On a plaque my Aunt gave me this week...
There's always a reason to dance.
(True...we always seem to find one.)

On a card I spotted while waiting in line at the book store...
Promise me that you'll give fate the fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

Flavor of the day on neon sign...
Butter Pecan
(My Mom's favorite)

Miss Bit this morning before school…
My tummy hurts. I don’t know if it’s cuz I’m hungry. I don’t control my tummy. My tummy controls my tummy.

Miss Bit at dinner the other night…
I’m eating my green beans all up before my chicken. That’s will power Mom.

Miss Bit on seeing her new playground friend at swimming lessons…
Mom, that boy looks like Silas. I think that is Silas, but I don’t know. Mom, THAT IS SILAS!!!! Mom, I really like Silas cuz he like chases me all over the playground.

Me to hubby the other day when he let the boys out to quiet the chipmunks…
Don’t let those cats near those chipmunks. You know if they get anywhere near those varmint that I’m going to think they have fleas. If I think they have fleas, I won’t sleep at night. If I don’t sleep all night, you won’t sleep all night!

T. Bone when told that his orthodontist consult for this week was cancelled…
Why can’t I go to Dr. Drake? But when can I get my braces then?
Yes, this boy is excited to become a metal mouth!

Words of Irish Wisdom framed on my buffet...
May those that love us, love us. And those that don't love us, May God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we'll know them by their limping.

Today's StoryPeople email...
Connected by something finer than words that's hard to notice because usually you're doing stuff that should've been done yesterday & you've got no time for it.

Today's Message on inspirational desk calendar...
Magnify the beauty around you, and see the good in yourself and others instead of magnifying the flaws. You will enhance your perspective as well as your spirit.

Closing on the last card my Mom gave me that is sitting on my desk right now...
Thanks for all your support, caring and comfort. Love you forever and ever. Love - Mom

No comments: