Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Time for Bed

It has been a weekend long on fun. I'm not complaining...I'm just beat. So is my family. I just tucked my girl in and took a quick shower. In the 3 minutes I spent pampering myself, she was out cold and snoring. That is the definition of tuckered out. My hubby gets Dad of the Year tonite cuz' after working all day he took T Bone to the Brewer's game. I know that he would much prefer to be on the couch beside me right now, and unfortunately when he gets home, I'll be in bed.

The beautiful weekend was spent swimming (the pool party did last the duration of the weekend), golfing, bbqing and spending quality time with family. Seriously, Miss Bit spent so much time swimming in the last 3 days that even her instructor noticed the impressive improvements from last week's lesson. When the cousins come to town, my kids have too much fun and do not get enough sleep. I can relate. My demise this weekend was staying up until the wee hours talking with my Aunt. All the sudden I happened to look at the clock and realized that it was 5:00 in the morning. We were not only catching up and having fun, but solving world and family problems too. After 4 hours of sleep, I had no choice, but to hit the ground running. We had been entertained all weekend and it was finally our turn to host. I truly think our world would be a much happier place if every weekend lasted for 3 days.

Today was a day to cross things off the 'to do' list and then to couch it. Tomorrow it is back on track at least for 2 weeks cuz' then we leave for la la land...Disney here we come!

No comments: