Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Second Day Not The Same as the First

What a difference a day makes!

This morning Lil Bit came into our room with her crazy version of bed head and the very first words out of her mouth were, "I don't want to go to school today!" The reason for her K5 mutiny was that her outfit was just not beautiful enough.

I finally convinced her to either wear what WE had picked out or go naked when she sauntered into my bathroom to get her hair done and it all came undone. I wasn't putting her pony tails in right. I didn't have the right bands. I just wasn't making her look beautiful. Yes, there is that word again!

I finally convinced her to either wear her hair the way I fixed it or have it all cut off when she announced she was going on a fast and there would be no breakfast. Not pancakes. Not cinnamon buns. She agreed to eat some frosting with a side of fresh berries (better than nothing) and I considered it a victory. Pick your battles we always say.

The bus came and I was trying to contain the feeling that I had just won the lottery. "I'll see you in 7 hours little loves!" I shut the side door and raced out the garage door so thankful for the opportunity to work off my frustrations at the Y.

You know what? What a difference an hour makes!

No comments: