Friday, September 4, 2009

Today I Am Grateful For...




  • Peanut is good as new and Tigger is as good as ever.
  • Making it through our first week back to school. Getting back into the routine of early mornings and decent bedtimes is always a challenge, but I, for one, welcome the return of a schedule to our days and nights.
  • That being said...I am thankful that it is Friday and that we have a long, holiday weekend to look forward to.
  • It is supposed to be in the high 70s and sunny for the duration and that is THE ideal forecast for the only plans on our calendar...a pool party that just may last all weekend long.
  • Multiple challenging workouts this week.
  • Fall is around the corner and it is my favorite time of year. The leaves of a maple I spied this week were burnt beautiful orange and I was called to make soup (chicken enchilada) and bake bran muffins.
  • My Dad made us an entire meal on the grill the other night. Every one should try butternut squash hot off the grill with a maple pecan compound butter, and my Dad's homemade sauce that is perfect slathered over ribs.
  • We have started to plan our upcoming trip to Disney and I am getting very excited for our vacation...V-E-R-Y! I am thankful for The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.
  • I had a relaxing and delicious dinner out with my soon-to-be sil this week. We lingered over our seafood and wine like ladies with nothing better to do.
  • I didn't see the bird whose downy feathers littered my lawn meet its demise.
  • Pat Conroy has a new novel out. It will be coming my way soon. I also just bought my own copy of The Shack since I couldn't renew the library copy again. I have been in a reading slump.
  • Aunt Jess coming to babysit this week so me and my hubby could go to school orientation. I love getting to see who is in my kid's classrooms maybe more than they do.
  • Getting to bed early tonight since I haven't been sleeping well this week. I'm playing Farmville in my sleep all night long, but tonight I'm sure I'm going to sleep like a baby because I'm letting my fields lay fallow until tomorrow.

No comments: