Sunday, May 31, 2020

Weekending

Have you ever had a dream that's more of a revelation? When you wake up and piece together the night time reel in your head, you are like Damn, I'm good. That's it exactly! Obviously I did last night. I'll spare you all the details. What I need to share is that I expressed through tears to women unidentifiable, faceless but dear to me, that everything is temporal, impermanent, waning. I had this feeling of profound sadness followed by gentle peace and acceptance. It was the feeling that's sticking with me today. I'm hard wired with a years are minutes mentality. Daily, I work hard to remember to be here now. To be present and grateful. It's like I finally got it last night. I had an aha dream.

I fell asleep while watching the news last night. It's the first time I've really watched the news in days. I heard snippets, but resisted any deep diving. The weekend felt like such a respite to me and I selfishly relished in it. The days beautiful and productive...pleasing. The nights lovely and shared with friends on the patio. Sadly, I wasn't shocked to learn of the rioting. Protests are rarely peaceful anymore. We had a curfew in our community. It was a little unnerving, but I felt safe and certainly sad. Sad for so many reasons. Sad for so many people. Things were just starting to feel normal. There was a light at the end of this long tunnel we've been living in and now I'm thinking I may just stay home indefinitely.



Home is not a bad place to be so that's good. I've always been happiest at home with my peeps. I spontaneously invited my frister over on Friday night for patio wine and pizza. I was surprised when she accepted because she's usually so busy, but this is the new normal: availability. This is another positive outcome of quarantine. We had such a lovely evening catching up. Her daughter came to pick her up and Lily joined us. The four of us sat around the kitchen island...mothers and daughters...and it was a highlight of my weekend spending time with these beautiful, inspirational, strong women.

I was up early Saturday and quickly inspired by the Food Network. I decided to make one recipe from each of the three shows I watched. I reached out to Jess because I know she's getting tired of cooking and she accepted my invitation to join us for dinner. She said it was the best meal she's had all year. That is quite a compliment from my frister who is a seasoned critic. It was another feel good night.



We'll take a walk today. Maybe run an errand. Do a little work around the house and meet for Sunday dinner when the day is done. This is Sunday and it's one of my favorites. I plan to be present for all it beholds.

No comments: