Friday, May 8, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Lily and I stayed up late last night watching Unorthodox. I really have no idea what we'd do without Netflix right now. And I really love when we can enjoy a show together.

Cat nappers.

Three more episodes of Homeland left. I'm grateful we didn't finish it this week. Ted's going to start it soon. I may rewatch it with him.

Ted did a rap song as a final project for his astronomy class. I was impressed. We've listened to it numerous times.

This was how he left for golf last week. Not so impressed.

Cinco de Mayo dinner. The star for me was the big pot of black beans that I simmered all day with onions and peppers, but the chicken enchiladas were good too. And how have I never had a tostada before?

Photo creds to Lily.

Dinner at the Weslows Saturday night. We had a Cinco de Mayo, Kentucky Derby, birthday bash. It was Pedro's b-day. We played Wizard, Miss Pac Man and the boys played crib. The girls hung out with us most of the night. Ted took a break from studying to come over for dinner and there was a time that all 3 kiddos were having engaging conversation on their own. That is a quarantine miracle!

An impromptu happy hour with my aunt and uncle Sunday. We stopped to drop off some furniture for staging and had a nice visit. I'm happy for them that their house is ready to put on the market, but I'll be beyond sad when they move to Arizona. That being said, the house they're building will be a great place to visit.

A visit from my in-laws last weekend. It was a nice surprise to see them and to catch up.

They brought us a bouquet.

We sent them home with some banana bread.

The hallway project is coming along. Although, no progress except procuring more paint, happened this week. I am officially not a painter.

Trim and stairs are next.

We have been discussing a whole foods diet here at Casa Wags for the summer. Ted is actually driving this idea, but we are all on board. There's no better time of year with the farmer's market about to open.

This is Ted's new favorite breakfast.

Another pot pie ready for delivery and then the oven. Care packages this week are for our mothers.

Because I love you.

Noticing berries, buds and blooms on the trees.

Lots of walks on the trails this week.

These fun new cards I got in the mail. Not surprising that I am the Gin champ this week.

Every card has a different author.

This guy is still living his best quarantine life.

I'm a little bit jealous.

New pillows for the family room. In lieu of new furniture right now. I just ordered some new throws yesterday.

Tigger approved.

A text from a friend yesterday asking to get together for some much needed girl talk. She's coming over tonight. Mike's going to hang out with her husband. It really feels like Friday.

And on that note, one more week of quarantine is in the books.



No comments: