Friday, May 1, 2020

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A mother son adventure to Madison this week. Wrenches in plans and holes in tires aside, it was still time well spent together.

My Badger.

AAA and tow truck drivers.

Lily and I have been watching movies way beyond my normal bedtime. This week we watched her favorite Jordan Peele flicks and then I talked her into the Florida Project, which she loved. I liked it just as much the second time around.

She's keeping herself busy working out and making things. Things like slime, which she hasn't made in years. She's also perfected a flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie that she could sell. Now we're looking for tie dye kits. I feel like she's a kid again.

And they taste even better than they look.

I started a new book this week. In The Land of Men is interesting, but I find myself lacking focus again.

A couple of rainy, windy days this week. We needed the precipitation and I live for the perfect broody day. But today it's sunny and bright and it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend and that's good too.

Ted's golfing with my brother today.

We made Chick Fil-A sandwiches the other night and the copycat recipe was right on point. They were so tasty and the signature sauce was Mmmm good! Our dinner game is on during quarantine. We're definitely working on the Covid-19.

We have to work on the bun. 

Lunches aren't too shabby either. We skip breakfast because we're still asleep.

 Mike's favorite.

One of Lily's favorites.

Shopping in my own home this week. I moved around some furniture, a few lamps and couple paintings and it was a nice refresh especially because it was free. Being home all the time and living in every corner of the house, makes me want to offer it more tender loving care.

Old is new.

I started painting the hallway. I'm starting with the walls, then the stairs and finally the trim. It's a big job, but I know it'll be worth it. This project is long overdue.

The red accent wall will soon be a distant memory.

Ted washed his car yesterday. I don't recall him ever doing that without parental prompting. He vacuumed it too. I guess he is spending more time than ever in his car, but still I was impressed.

My friend Mary made us masks. It sounds like we'll have to wear them any time we go out in public.

Tigger Leo, our resident mood booster.

Freckle Nose.

Always ready for pets.

And to play.


Sneaking a nap.

We're one week closer to an end to quarantine. I think it's getting easier, which is a little unnerving. After 6 weeks, habits form. Some good and some not.

After the storm.

No comments: