Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Good Weekending

I was up during the 9 o'clock hour this morning with Tigger's help. Never mind that I set my alarm for 8. This is progress. It's another beautiful summer-like day and the yard is busy with Orioles and a bluebird who has taken up residence in a house on the edge of the yard. It was a busy holiday weekend too - full of family and friends.

Jess called on Friday to suggest a walk. I haven't seen her since March. I'm used to seeing her once a week. To say I was excited is an understatement. Lily joined us. She's been missing her too. I really wanted to take her on the river trails, but I knew they'd be swampy after the recent rain and I had on some new kicks. After our walk, we continued our conversation on the patio. I left the back door open and Tigger worked up the courage to join us. Then he spent the rest of the weekend begging to get outside. Mike picked up dinner two ways. Our favorite pizza for most and a burrito for Lily. She's always the outlier.

Saturday felt like a normal day of errands and chores. I spent time in the kitchen getting ready for a dinner that night at my brother and sil's. I made a family favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip and my Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes. I weeded the front beds and planted more annuals for color. Mike finally was able to put down the cocoa bean mulch. The yard smells edible. Teddy went to the club for the first time in forever and said it was weird. Lily and her girls long boarded all around the neighborhood and something about watching them disappear down the hill fills me with such nostalgia.

Sunday morning was making crust for Triple Berry Pie to bring to another bbq that night. I made time for a workout. Teddy and I did some online shopping for work attire. He starts his internship at an investment firm in June. He will be looking smart. Lily's job as a camp counselor has been cancelled until next summer. She's in search of employment now. She did some online shopping yesterday too. Jean shorts and bikinis. Sounds about right. I cut up a watermelon and washed some cherries for the girls who took them to the park on their boards. They came back to Casa Wags and painted canvases at the patio table. That is one of the good things of quarantine: kids being kids. Family time too. The four of us went to the Weslow's for dinner. Pedro purchased some new arcade games and seeing my guys lined up playing away that night also brought me back in time. We ladies made conversation until I finally put my foot down and said we had to go home. It was 2:30. It was time. 

Yesterday was a chill day at Casa Wags. I found myself at the nursery for one more plant. That seemed silly so I bought two and another planter. The fam went for a bike ride. I declined. I have a sore knee and my Polymorphous Light Eruption has already erupted. I have had too much sun in the last week. I iced my knee, lathered on aloe and enjoyed having the house to myself for an hour. We played a competitive game of Catan before dinner. Ted won, but we were all close behind employing our own strategery. It's what I love about this game: all the angles. Mike grilled bbq chicken and ribs. I served green beans and baked potatoes as sides. It was a feast that will last all week. After dinner Lily had homework to do. I forget she's still in school. Teddy had his squad over for a poker night. Mike and I were in bed early for quarantine, but still late for a school night.

This week I want to cross a few more things off my list. I talked with Alan this morning and we're shooting for June 8th to officially open the office. That inspires me to use these last couple weeks wisely, purposefully, fully.

Scenes from the wonderful holiday weekend.














No comments: