Friday, May 17, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Miss Bit's prowess on the softball field and what a game well played has done for her love of the game.

Teachers who take the time to make a difference in our kids' lives.  There are so many, but this week we felt and applauded the contributions of the music teachers.  T. Bone's choir director does such a great job encouraging and teaching the kids, and showcasing their talents all while keeping it fun.  This week's program featured mostly pop music like Shakira, Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.  My favorite was when they sang Blackbird.  I love that song and used to sing it to T. Bone when he was a baby.

A chat with Miss Bit's teacher about placement next year.  I'm thankful that she sees what I see and that we can communicate openly.

No more store bought lunch meat filled with preservatives and sodium.  I baked a turkey breast for sandwiches this week.  It's easier and better in taste, texture and quality.

Yogapris.  It's what Miss Bit calls her capri length yoga pants...duh!

The Great Gatsby is finally in the theaters.  I suspect that the movie will be even more entertaining than Fitzgerald's classic novel.

Finally getting serious with regard to my need for a new camera.  I'm ready to take the plunge.

Smoothies for breakfast.  My favorite is coconut milk, kefir, a banana, 6 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2 a pear, 1 T. chia seeds and 1 T. ground flaxseed.  I think I may start adding kale or spinach too.

Resilience.

My son's confident nature.  I'm thankful that he is secure, yet humble not haughty.  Pretty handsome too!

 
Open window, middle of the day naps and birdsong wafting through the breeze.

Bluebirds in the park during my walks this week. I understand why they are a symbol of happiness.  I feel it when I see them.

Mother's Day cards made with love from my two.  They each gave me a new cookbook too.



Plans to hike the Audubon with my girl tomorrow morning.  We'll wear old shoes and bring our nets for ponding.

Lots of baseball the next couple days.  The boys have their first tournament team event.

Miss Bit and her friend are outside right now playing catch.  They are on rival teams, but they cheer one another on.

There was a message from Miss Bit's coach on the machine today telling us that she will be honorably mentioned in next week's local newspaper.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend, but it's the perfect damp and chilly night for lounging in my yogapris while I write and enjoy a glass of wine.

No comments: