Friday, May 10, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Instagram and Project Life 365.  I'm enjoying the daily photo prompt even if I am an amateur photographer at best and despite the fact that my phone camera is sub par.

Miss Bit loved being a part of the school musical.  She rocked her role as a leather clad Smoothie and I loved hearing her talk of future roles, albeit no solos.  She should sing solos.  She has such a beautiful voice.  I hope she figures that out for herself one day.

 Before the show...

 during...

after.

An after performance date for a smoothie with my toughie.  Nanny would love the way she had such attitude in her Harley jacket.  I missed my Mom.  She would have been beside me and beaming in the audience.


An early Mother's Day gift from a friend: a box of fancy, yummy chocolates.


Miss Bit set up her first lemonade stand of the season and she begged me for about 1/2 a second (she's hard to deny) to bake wholemade cookies for the cause.  She only had 3 customers, but that didn't get her down.  Of course not...our friends gave her $5.  Thanks Sweeneys for making her day.  I vowed to stop at any and every lemonade stand I pass this summer.


A ladies luncheon planned for Mother's Day.  Miss Bit and I will join friends at a little French place for crepes and quiche while the boys play ball.

A phone call from a friend I haven't seen or talked to all winter this week.  Talk of getting together soon for a walk or a coffee or maybe both.

T. Bone has found his inner prep.  He is most excited about the blue and white seer sucker shorts I got him and asking for a pair of topsiders.  This from a guy who has been head to toe athletic wear for years!

Spending time with family we don't often see.  They came to town for my Great Aunt's funeral.  She lived to be 100!  T. Bone and Miss Bit enjoyed spending time with their little cousins who are 3 and 5.  Despite the age difference, they all had much fun together all weekend long.

Getting a pedicure this week and then giving Miss Bit one. Pink for me and purple for her.

The furbabies got pedicures too.


A new brush.

I finished Elie Wiesel's Night.  My favorite part was the prologue in which Wiesel's Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech was read.

Now I'm on to much lighter material.  I'm reading A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter and listening to Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict.

Honesty and forgiveness.  Heart to hearts.

Waking up before the alarm.

When my kids say, "This breakfast is so yummy!"  They both did this morning.  I made them scrambled eggs and grilled ciabatta.  It's all about the bread.

Making a big batch of soup and sharing it with friends who need a little comfort.

A new pair of Reefs.  One for her and one for me.  Of course, we wear the same size now.  I guess that means I got 2 new pair of sandals.

A lizard on the loose.  BB has gotten braver and bolder.



Peanut isn't scared of thunderstorms or small children anymore even though he is no longer on Prozac.


My orchid continues to thrive. Three ice cubes a week and a sunny southwest exposure have been optimal.


Movie night.  Coach, Miss Bit and I are watching Soul Surfer.  Halfway through the movie and she's only cried twice.  I did not cry when Coach brought me home a grilled cheese despite the fact that all I wanted and ordered was a grilled chicken sandwich.  Sometimes I am not grateful for drive thrus!

No comments: