Monday, March 7, 2011

On My Mond Monday

*******************************************************************
Eat food. Not much. Mostly plants.
*****************************************
Michael Pollan
In Defense of Food
Sounds achievable...dare I say even easy, but thanks to the multi-billion dollar food marketing machine and the rampant rise of nutritionism it's much more difficult to live by these simple, sensible rules than it should be. This eye opening eating manifesto is really making me question everything I put in my mouth and also everything my kids put in their precious bodies. There is so much in our food that shouldn't be and so many things are touted as healthy that clearly have no goodness at all. I am in the process of questioning and redefining what healthy eating actually means, and how we can best embrace it in this house.

No comments: