Friday, March 18, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Our St. Paddy's Day feast: naughty Reubens, "healthy" homemade potato chips and glazed carrots.

I finally beat someone at Scrabble. I should also confess that Jess then beat me in our second game.

I was able to wear a pair of pants that haven't fit for awhile last week.

Starbucks for their 130 calorie grande vanilla lattes and obscure cd compilations.

A new pair of my favorite chinos on order...they are pink!

Sunny daffodils.

Party tonight at my house. Wine, women and wonderful food...oh and pretty jewelry to try on too.

I made crackers from scratch. They are delicious and also very, very easy.

This week's menu: pulled pork tacos, cauliflower soup, chicken chop suey and spinach and chicken lasagna.

Mr. President has no convincing conviction with regard to situations in Libya and Japan, but he does opine about March Madness. The reason that I am grateful for his lack of leadership...it makes me hopeful that a second term is a pipe dream.

Our Badgers advanced making my hubby and my son very happy.

T. Bone came home from school freckled at the end of St. Paddy's day. He inspired his whole class and made his Nanny very proud I am sure.



Miss Bit's cityscape.


It was nice enough yesterday to turn off the heat and open the patio doors. The cats were in heaven.

Our family day trip to Chicago last week...it was a great adventure.


T. Bone won third place in the city-wide free-throw contest. It was a win win. He earned a trophy and we don't have to travel for another contest.


Peanut and Tigger are 4! Happy Birthday boys!

Today is tacky outfit day for Miss Bit. She had a hard time wearing mismatched clothing. There was angst and tears and as you can see, no photographs.

No comments: