Saturday, March 19, 2011

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

That is if I could invite anyone I wanted dead or alive...

My Mom because I miss her so much and she was the life of every party.
Her Dad because I've never met him, but I've heard so many stories about how he was THE life of the party and every one's favorite person.
Rickie Lee Jones so she could entertain us a capella. I'd ask her to sing all of my favorites, which is pretty much every single one of her songs.
Grandma Rose and Aunt Helen because they were great cooks and I'd definitely need their help to pull off the event.
Ina Garten and I'd have her come early to help me do my tablescape and prepare a fabulous, yet simple meal.
Ellen DeGeneres because her comedic relief would help break the ice and then later she could get everyone dancing.
Steve Carell because he always makes me laugh and I think I could pretty much seat him next to anyone and they would have a good time.
Meredith Vieira, Meryl Streep and Katrina Kenison because I just like them and think they would be nice women to have as friends.
Mary Oliver and Walt Whitman to read us poetry during dessert.
Jack Johnson for the music around the bonfire at the end of the evening.
Oprah because I think she would ask poignant questions to keep the conversation interesting.
Annie Leibovitz to photograph the evening.
Louise Erdrich, Amy Tan and Pat Conroy because I so admire them and think they would make the evening special.
Snookie because then I'm sure at least one person will act more a fool than myself.
Jesus, Buddha and Mother Theresa just because this is my list and I can.
My hubby because he's my other better half and I'd need him to keep me calm in the midst of such awesome greatness.