Friday, March 11, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Buddhist wisdom


Miss Bit pledged to make her bed every day during Lent and she's been keeping her promise and doing a fine job of it too.

Lunch and shopping with T. Bone this week. It's nice to spend time one on one with my guy. He gorged on Rocky's pizza while I watched (or more like drooled - it was Ash Wednesday), we stocked up on Pink Ladies (apples) and he picked out a colorful new basketball shirt to match the new bands he picked out for his braces, which by the way...he should only have to wear for a couple more months!

Tigger's battle call. He has a distinct whiney meow just for when he wants to wrestle with his brother.

New Vera reading glasses. I wanted them because I was smitten with the case. And a fancy new pair of sunglasses too.

A night out with the girls this week. It was a mid-week treat to catch up over a leisurely dinner with the ladies I Iove.

Shamrocks.

Hubby went grocery shopping this week while I stayed home to clean out the pantry and the fridge. He even found pearl barley, which I understand was no easy task.

Turkey vegetable soup with barley.

Grandparents. T. Bone and Miss Bit had early dismissal yesterday. My Dad and step-mom picked the kids up from school to spend the afternoon with them.

I'm not in high school anymore despite the fact that too many people I know still act like they are.

Governor Scott Walker, Senator Fitzgerald and many other senators, assembly men and women and taxpaying supporters who all are in favor of living within our means in this state.

T. Bone will represent our district's 4th graders in a city-wide free throw contest tomorrow.

I'm not really nursing a baby squirrel. (Tidbit for 2 loyal confidantes and readers.)

These macaroons and my sil for taking this picture of her dessert for me like the true foodie she is. Before sampling these goodies, I thought all macaroons were coconut.


We spent the day in Chicago today. It was an awesome adventure. We practically had the Windy City to ourselves. And now I am ready for bed.

No comments: