Friday, March 25, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for... A nice night with the ladies last Friday. My only complaint was that it was too short. Miss Bit mingled, modeled all the jewelry and gorged on the Oreo truffles. She fits in famously..she's so one of the girls. Today my brother is 39! We're celebrating tonight with a little bowling and pizza. Girl on girl time with Miss Bit last weekend. We shopped and lunched the afternoon away with my Aunt. She was pouting when we got home and said, "I just wish we could spend some time together just you and me." She didn't want our girl's day to end so we cuddled in my bed and watched a chick flick. That girl of mine is a master at perfectly playing my heart strings. The perfect breakfast: steel cut oats, a drizzle of honey, a handful of coconut, a few slivered almonds and a splash of almond milk. T. Bone congratulated his sister on her almost perfect report card. He is excelling academically, but sliding a bit in the behavior department. We had a stern talk with him about saving the antics for recess and after school. Through tears he said, "I'm sorry...I'm just trying to fit in." I refrained from telling him I was known as Aunt Blabby by my 6th grade teacher. I was new to the school and being the class clown was a great way to get attention. There's still room for Miss Bit in her bed despite her growing pillow pet collection. This week we welcomed a baby unicorn. I wish I could say 'no' to this girl. Hubby's perfectly grilled flank steak... a delicious harbinger of all the grilled goods to come once spring decides to come and stay for awhile. Miss Bit declared it her best meal every. T. Bone also ate every bite. I am always greatful when I don't have to be a short order cook who makes multiple meals. This morning Miss Bit changed her starter earrings. Aqua blue dolphins made the cut today. After I secured them in her ears and gave her some pony tails to best show them off she said, "Mom I just love you more than anyone else. Well, anyone else, but Dad. And T. Bone. And Peanut and Tigger." Both T. Bone and Miss Bit decided to contribute their own money to the school fund raiser for relief efforts in Japan. The rain turned to snow long enough for me to take a walk the other day. I wanted to try out my new waterproof jacket. It kept me perfectly dry. More time outside. T. Bone has been heading out to play hoops after breakfast and Miss Bit amuses herself for hours on end in the yard.

No comments: