Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where Does The Time Go?



It was definitely back to reality this weekend, and that is a good thing. It was filled with football practice, a baseball game, a birthday party, play dates and a dinner party. There was shopping, spectating, socializing, chauffeuring, slicing (too many apples for crisp) and selling. My cub scout pounded the pavement selling popcorn throughout the neighborhood and then made the rounds with the family too. He sold over $1000 worth to secure the spot as top pack seller for this blitz weekend. That earned him a much coveted gift card he plans to use to buy more Legos, his new found passion. I am proud of his efforts, enthusiasm, commitment to an impressive goal and his sale's technique. He loaded up the Burley with product and pedaled away looking like the definition of adorable in his uniform. He let his sister tag along on her scooter and she was the definition of beside herself. Don't worry I was lurking close behind.

Today I left the house long enough to go to church. We were halfway through mass when I smelled my Mom. The comfort that familiar scent offered was really a prayer answered. As quickly as it permeated the air around me, it was gone. Uncanny really. Then my hubby and I went for our Sunday school soiree and the song that was playing in the coffee shop reminded me of my Mom. I felt like I was given one of her hang in there winks, and I needed one.

I spent the rest of the day at home catching up on chores in between chapters of Anita Shreve's new novel. It was the perfect day to have the dryer going all day because it was crisp, cloudy and cool just like a fall day should be. I'm heading up to bed now to finish the story. It's a good escape worth getting from the library, but then I am always eager to read anything that is set in Africa. Africa intrigues me.

This is going to be an incredibly busy week, made even more chaotic by out of town guests in town for my Grandma's funeral Friday. Some how everything will get done, but right now it seems like a long shot.

No comments: