Thursday, October 8, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Today I am Grateful for...

  • My Grandma being at peace. Her suffering has ended. My Uncle was able to be with her in her final moments and she knew it. Right before she passed she woke up, looked at him bright eyed and smiled. She went with a smile on her face.
  • The beautiful bald eagle that flew through my yard earlier this week. I have never seen an Eagle in the wild. It was awesome!
  • Grandpa's beef stew. The whole family loved it...even the cats. T. Bone took his first bite and said, "Woo hoo for beef stew!" Usually what I serve for dinner isn't met with such enthusiasm. Gramps was pretty much the topic of our dinner conversation...the kids wanted to hear stories of their great grandpa.
  • Tuning into Oprah twice this week. Her guests reminding me to always give thanks for what I have and really what I don't have. She interviewed a family with a 7 year old schizophrenic daughter. They live in 2 separate apartments in the same complex in order to keep their baby safe from his older sister. The sacrifices that they make for their sick child, and they don't complain. The other day Oprah had Stephanie, whose blog I frequent, and her husband, Christian, on to talk about their lives since their tragic plane crash a year ago. What a lesson in unconditional love she and her family are. She is scarred, yes...but radiantly beautiful both inside and out. http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ Check her out for yourself.
  • My hubby bringing me a bouquet of birds of paradise in sympathy of my Grandma's passing and to remind me of happier times shared just a week ago.
  • An unforgettable week at Disney World making memories to last a lifetime with my family. My hubby says we'll go back again in 4 years, but I am on the 2 year plan. Now it's time to start firming up our trip to Vail this winter.
  • My T. Bone had the 8th highest in popcorn sales for the whole county. He was #1 in his Pack. That boy...I'm telling you...he never ceases to amaze me.
  • Looking down the river today, I was taken aback by the sea of color. I love fall. October is my bestest month of the year. I love everything about it!
  • A one of a kind wool sweater I found at a resale shop last week.
  • New windows before the snow flies.
  • Dense, whole wheat bagels topped with fluffy cream cheese...my breakfast of choice this week.
  • Taking time to get caught up on journals.
  • Cuddly kitties...cooler temperatures make them want to be close.
  • Miss Bit getting up every morning with a smile on her face (unless she doesn't like what she's wearing) and the craziest bed head. She is excited for school everyday.
  • Not getting a call from CPS (Child Protective Services) after Lil Bit's 5 year check up last week. She was screaming bloody murder at the sight of the needle and I had to literally pin her down so the nurse could give her 3 shots. Thankfully, she hasn't talked about it since so I guess it wasn't too traumatizing.
  • The routine...back to school, back to volunteering, back to Sunday school, back to practice, back to lessons, back to life...back to reality.

No comments: