Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Close Call


I really don't have anything substantive, witty or thought provoking to say. I'm just happy to be here because you see...when I went to turn on my computer last night...I was greeted with a lengthy, cryptic error message. I tried to restart my computer in various modes all to no avail. Then my hubby, who is much better friends with hardware and software than I am, tried and also had not a stroke of luck.

I took it to the IT guy at work who rendered the nasty diagnosis....BSOD. That stands for Blue Screen of Death. I said, "huh?" He said, "Basically, you're screwed." He clearly underestimates himself because I am back in business in less than 24 hours, and I am beyond thankful.

Seriously...I had a hard time sleeping lastnight worrying about files I haven't backed up, lost pictures stored on my hard drive and being cut off from the WWW. I think my adverse reaction speaks volumes and makes me realize that I am a little too attached to my lap top.

No comments: