Friday, October 23, 2009

Grateful Friday




Today I give thanks for…

Fourteen years of marriage.

The way Miss Bit says “I’ll miss you,” even when I just tuck her in bed for the night.

An almost 70 degree day this week. It was so wonderful to be able to open patio doors and windows and let the warm breeze blow through the house. I love listening to the rustling leaves too.

Maples. My world is goldenrod right now…and glorious.

Taking the scenic route to work this morning. Today you could have surfed on Lake Michigan. I parked by the lake for a few minutes and was mesmerized by the waves rolling in and soothed by the driving rain. There were a few runners that were bold enough to brave the elements. I scarcely remember when I was that driven, but today I was happy to be warm and dry in my car listening to Nora Jones. Despite my detour, I was only a few minutes late for work.

Pumpkin muffins for breakfast today.

While we were cleaning up after dinner one night this week, we were all jamming to the Black Eyed Peas…family dance party in the kitchen!

Twice this week the kids snuggled up in our bed and T. Bone read stories to Miss Bit before bed.

A new Hanna skirt.

Leftover turkey for sandwiches all week.

Carving pumpkins. Last night Miss Bit and I turned her pumpkin into an owl. The pattern was a little challenging for her, so I had her cut some stars out on the side and she bejeweled it - that made her feel very proud. She’s convinced that she’s going to win the jack o’ lantern contest at the school’s fall festival tomorrow with her creation. Tonight some new friends invited us to a carving party.

My hubby is feeling much better just in time for the weekend.

T. Bone decided that he wants to be a nerd instead of a mummy. I love costumes that you can put together by raiding everyone’s drawers and closets.

No comments: