Friday, October 16, 2009

Grateful Friday

Today I am grateful for…

Encouraging conferences with both T Bone’s and Lil Bit’s teachers this morning. They are both star students.
Hard work.

A date with my hubby last night at one of our favorite restaurants.
L-O-V-E.

Refinancing our mortgage so we can pay off our house faster.
Security.

2 peaceful hours at the Audubon this week. I heard a couple school groups, but crossed paths with nary a soul except a yearling. As I made my way around the grassland loop, I came upon a deer. She looked at me all doe eyed and actually started walking toward me. She came within 10 feet of me before she was spooked into the brush. I have to confess that it was both thrilling and scary. A mole ran right in front of me not long after. I almost stepped on it. Poor things are blind as bats.
Nature.

The confidence my son possesses. He is a new recruit to the minors, but one would never know it. He’s trying out new positions…catcher and pitcher. He is quite a pitcher too throwing more strikes than balls.
Strength.

Miss Bit is aso quite a swimmer. She was the only student to pass to the next level in her class of 6.
Achievements.

Pat Conroy’s latest novel is in my possession.
Words.

A quiet weekend ahead with lots of time to read and relax.
Peace.

Squash with lots of butter.
Comfort.

Retired in-laws who enjoy spending random days off of school with the kids.
Gifts.

Studio quality school photographs of both the kids.
Memories.

The way my girl doted on my cousin’s 19 month old daughter. She was completely smitten with her dimpled cuteness. T Bone was attentive to little Miss Maggi too.
F-A-M-I-L-Y.

Fall arts and crafts. Miss O and Miss Bit are in for craftmania Wednesday after school. I’m heading to Michael’s tomorrow to get me some supplies.
Creativity.

Term limits.
Accountability.

T. Bone not sulking or balking when I told him he couldn’t play with friends after school on Monday. We worked on his homework, baked (and ate) warm, gooey cookies and played a game of Life together.
Time.

No comments: