Friday, October 30, 2009

Grateful Friday

Today I am grateful for…

T. Bone having enough confidence at 8 years old that he was comfortable wearing his tidy whities on the outside of his flood pants to complete his nerd look for Fall Festival. I am also thankful for his sense of humor. Incidentally, he won for most original costume!

Uno…a game we can all play and enjoy.

Reading the Bible with the kids before bed.

Spotting a wolf in our yard this week. It was beautiful and majestic, and for sure not a coyote no matter what anyone else says! HMMMM...I can't hear you.

A long weekend thanks to teacher’s convention.

T. Bone saying on the way to church last week, “My favorite part of church is the home-ily especially if it’s Father T.” He’s listening! Nevermind that it's the homily.

Carving and conversation during last Friday’s pumpkin party. Of course, all the adults were the ones busy turning the pumpkins into jack o’ lanterns while the kids ran around playing ghost in the graveyard and ding dong ditch.

Spending Saturday afternoon shopping, and then we went out to lunch. T. Bone picked out a new winter coat, Miss Bit got some new brown fashion boots, I got some new snow boots and my hubby got some new shoes. Something for everyone!

After Miss Bit got ready for church the other day she said, “Let me go look in the mirror to see just how beautiful I look.” Another kid with confidence.

Homemade chili, chicken noodle soup and mac & cheese this week.

Another almost t.v.-free week.

My brother came to pick up T. Bone Sunday so he could put him to work in his yard. Rumor has it that they tossed around the pig skin a little too. Oh, and they talked about the facts of life...religion and where babies come from. T. loves spending time with his best uncle. T. was none too pleased when I told him that the $ he made was not just for Legos or skateboard ramps or snow boards.

My mil was rear ended this week, but she is ok. We found out on Facebook. Sometimes i'm even a tad thankful for Facebook.

The out of control car that careened out of the ditch Saturday night did not hit us, or any one else, for that matter. T. Bone has thankfully stopped talking about it and fantisizing about becoming a crime scene investigator...FIL let him watch an episode of CSI Miami the other week.

No swine flu and a firm decision not to vaccinate.

We just found out that our old neighbors are now our new neighbors.


Self realization. Miss Bit threw an absolute throw down temper tantrum when I said no she could not go to her friends right before dinner the other night. She stormed upstairs wailing, ranting and raving. After about 5 minutes and 40 blood pressure points (for me), she came down and said, "I'm sorry Mama...I'm just wild tonite."

The belly laugh I got when T Bone threw himself on the floor and whined, "I hate haircuts! Haircuts are just a big waste of money!" Guess who is the proud owner of a handsome new haircut?

I'm not thankful that Gourmet is going away, but I am grateful that I have kept every issue I have ever gotten as a subscriber.

Michael Scott's costume on lastnight's Office. Remember ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

A Halloween party tonight. I am going as myself because last year I was the only guest besides a few kids (2 of them mine) that dressed up. And I'm not talking mask or hat or animal ears...I was a full blown green witch with warts and rotten teeth.

Reading Miss Fiona's Stupendous Pumpkin Pies with Miss Bit lastnight not only because I like the story, but also because she was very in tune with the whole rhyming thing. She also "read" me Pinkalicious almost verbatim and with emphasis and expression and pride.

An afternoon at the movies with my kids yesterday. We saw and all very much enjoyed Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It is safe to say that it exceeded all of our expectations.

So many people are praying for sweet Stellan.
http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

No comments: