Monday, October 19, 2009

All The Difference

Being down a child makes all the difference. Friday night I came home from my in-laws where the kids had happily spent a couple days off minus Miss Bit. She was picked up by her other grandparents for an impromptu sleepover. It was quiet mostly because there was no sibling rivalry going on. Hubby, T Bone and I settled in to watch HGTV show after HGTV show. My almost 9 year old son is surprisingly entertained by the decorating dos and don’ts.

Walking with someone with long legs makes all the difference for this short legged lady. My friend J. and I went for a nice, long hike Saturday. I had to jog to keep up with her from time to time so I definitely got my workout.

Making bars instead of cookies with the Tollhouse recipe makes all the difference. Everyone always prefers the soft, gooey bars to the chewy cookies. How can it be that the same ingredients can yield such different results?

Eating dinner in the dining room instead of the kitchen makes all the difference. Setting the table with nice place mats and cloth napkins, and lighting candles even makes grilled cheeseburgers fancier and more special. Trust me…we did that Saturday night and the food really tasted better.

Moving toys from one room or shelf or basket to another makes all the difference. The kids actually believe they are new and find them all the more entertaining. Rearranging them brings them new life.

Making dinner in the crock-pot makes all the difference. I cooked a turkey breast in mine all day yesterday and it was so moist and tender and easy. The house smelled like Thanksgiving a month early.

Getting up an hour early makes all the difference. This morning I got in the shower before I am even thinking about getting up most mornings. I was able to have a leisurely, stress free morning.

Listening to music instead of talk radio or talking on the phone makes all the difference during my morning commute. It clears my head and makes my soul feel lighter...I am relaxed instead of agitated.


No comments: