Friday, September 11, 2015

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It's Friday!  This week was rougher than last week.  The first week we were a bit in denial and still existing on summer adrenaline, but the reality of homework and meetings and meets materialized this week.

Luckily we have another long weekend thanks to Rosh Hashanah.  Unlike last weekend, we have lots of free time, and I plan to keep it that way.


That being said last weekend was filled with fun.  We had a beautiful day at the beach with family Saturday.  Sunday we enjoyed a bbq bash at my Aunt and Uncle's.





The 48 mosquito bites I got at the bonfire are finally calming down.

Lanacane and Benadryl.

The word mezze and this platter.


I enjoyed a completely lazy day Monday. I read Among Ten Thousand Things which held promise, but failed to deliver.  The premise was compelling, but the delivery fell flat for me.  Then I watched three movies.  Tracks, which was based on Robyn Davidson's memoir, was a touching tale about human strength and frailty, and the cinematography was swoon worthy.  Time Lapse was solid sci-fi storytelling even if it there were a few loopholes. Identity, a psychological thriller, scared me a little, and was much better than I expected.


I was able to laze around all day because the kids were golfing and swimming with my brother and sil.  Many thanks for doting aunts and uncles.

And then we ordered pizza two ways because the kitchen was closed.


This piece from last Sunday's NY Times Magazine about togetherness and presence.  It really hit home as to why it is good to go away.



Ellen and Jimmy.  They'd both be on the short list of my dream team celebrity dinner party dossier.

A quick date with my guy at a local speakeasy after back-to-back back to school nights.  Both kiddos are in good hands and places school speaking.

Boy and cat.


Cat and remote control helicopter.


Cat and bouquet.


It's a broody, moody fall-like day.  The weekend forecast is perfect for apple picking, reading, hiking and dabbling in a few fall recipes.  Football watching too.


Then summer returns next week by way of the 70s and 80s, and that sounds rather lovely too.  Another swim might even be on the horizon.



No comments: