Friday, December 12, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Keeping it real...This blog post.

Keeping it light...This Williams Sonoma snark!

Keeping it silly... this book.  Mike and I made a bit of a scene at Target laughing through it.

Wild is finally out.  I loved Strayed's novel for many reasons.  I'm hoping I love the movie just as much. I hope Reese does the part justice.

Children of character.  I am blessed because both of my kids are moral, honest and kind. I learned something this week that filled me with mama pride, but I've been sworn to secrecy and so I'll leave it at that.

Teachers who make a difference every day.

Stellar first semester report cards and the hard work that delivered them.

Gingerbread house decorating.  This was a first for me, but it was such fun that I see it becoming another annual holiday tradition.  Lily thought it was a blast too and I think we could have coerced Ted into joining us if we told him that was the only way he could sample the candy.

I took him out shopping this week to buy his gifts.  Shopping with him is an experience.  He really makes me laugh.  He so loves a good deal and will tell anyone and everyone when he gets one.  It's nice and rare to spend one on one with my busy teenager, but when I do, I am always happier for it.

Li Bien ornaments.  Each year my mom gave the kids one of these beauts and I have carried on the tradition so we have like 40.  No two are the same, and they all are special.  I buy myself the signature angel each year in memorium of her.  This year's angel is one of my favorites. My mom wasn't overly sentimental, but she definitely left her mark, and lives on in our hearts and on our tree.

T. Bone has two ski trips this weekend.  He has lots of energy so it's good for him (and us) to expel it.

Family night on the farm tonight,  My brother and sil are coming to watch Lily ride.  She's made much progress since they last saw her so I think they will be impressed.