Saturday, August 31, 2013

Some Scenes From The Past Seven Days...

 Coach took me to the new Pizza Man for my birthday dinner.  I liked the new location and the decor.

 I have been craving their escargot for years.  It is so garlicky good that I ate every last snail and then sopped up the herby butter with the bread.

We splurged on Milwaukee Cupcake Company's cupcake bites for a little birthday soiree for moi. I admit I tried more than one of these cupcake cuties.  

 Miss Bit and I shopped our way through our city at all our favorite stores.  After a stop in the historic Third Ward for dessert, we picked up some fresh sausage on Old World Third.



 On Brady Street, we stocked up on Sciortino's fresh baked rolls.  So good that one of  T. Bone's friends asked me to give his mom my turkey sandwich recipe after lunch at the beach.  There is no recipe, but these rolls are the secret.  I shared.

 In Riverwest we stopped for some fresh ground coffee beans.

 Vine ripened tomatoes waiting to be chopped for a salad.

 You know you are extra special when you get ice cream cake to go along with your cupcakes.

 Two peas in a pod, or more like two fish in a lake.  They were smiling all day and celebrating the fact that they are in the same class again next year!

 Three amigos.

 Three amigos and a frisbee.

 Obligatory road trip stop at Steak and Shake.

 Shake toasts.

 On Silver Pond.

 At the dunes.  Miss Bit was surprised to see mountains of sand.  Our shore looks very different than the one we visited.

 Miss Bit and Aunt C. pose before dinner.

 T. Bone may have been more serious about his wings than his golf.  I think Uncle P. is regretting his salad.

 Ready and excited for the beach.

 Bums.

 Brave bird.

Put your feet in the air.

 Next time we're going to sail on this ship.

 A perfect midwestern lighthouse: a red barn.  Quintessential.

Big Mouth Bass.


5 pounds of beautiful Michigan blueberries.