Friday, August 23, 2013

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The John Mayer song I'm singing along to right now.  Why Georgia reminds me of a family vacation on Little Hills Lake where our only problems were swimmer's itch, the water cycle (T. Bone's name for the jet ski) acting up, sharp rocks in the water, and  who would concoct the cocktail of the day. We didn't really appreciate how much simpler life was just 10 short years ago, but we know how blessed it is 10 long years later.

I had a special birthday.  It really was quite perfect.  All day I felt the love.  There just may be a residual affect because last week's down yo is this week's up yo.

That is if you discount my mood yesterday before working out.  After interactions with both my children yesterday, I now know that I will be completely ready for school to start in 10 days.  Tis' time.  Tis' time.  The change of heart is a good thing because school starts whether I'm ready or not.  I would be most thankful if the kids would be ready too, but I am a realist.

Our summer manny, for lack of a better word.  We were all sad to say goodbye to him today, but also happy to wish him well in his first year of college.  As a young man of outstanding character and excellent interpersonal communication skills, I think he will do very well for himself.  We'll miss him.

Coach is taking me out for my birthday tonight.  I feel so spoiled to have 2 dates with my husband in 7 days.  I am a very lucky lady.

Tomorrow my dad and step mom are joining us for pizza and games.  Maybe my brother and sil too.

We're on vacation.  I am on holiday for the next 2 weeks.

We have the perfect itinerary of plans and no plans.  A little day trip to our favorite lake and a road trip to visit family on another shore for a few days.  Golf, swimming, shopping, visiting, fishing, frogging, reading, writing, walking and talking, hiking, biking, being together.  Bliss.

14 days of freedom!