Thursday, August 15, 2013

Confession

This 1 paragraph a day, each day, every day is not really working for me.  At first, I was excited to show up as committed no matter the matter.  Mundane or mighty…the contents weren’t important.  I told myself it was the practice…the process that was almighty.  But…but writing simply for the sake of writing was paralyzing to the point that even when I had something to say, I was crippled to share it.  I was writing less often, not more often.  I didn’t feel connected to my voice.  I felt distanced.  Quieted.  I experienced a real and true at a loss for words affliction.  It was frightening.  Scarier than when I woke up to a bump in the night at 3:00 this morning, and had to rouse Coach to creep around the house until all’s clear.

Writing is an art.  Expression brings freedom.  One paragraph every day felt like a sentence not well crafted of metaphors.  Rather a sentence of confinement behind metal and bars.  So I’m releasing myself from this commitment and going back to what feels right and works for me.

So, I’m back.  Just not every day.

No comments: