Saturday, August 3, 2013

Godspeed Rosebud (15/30)

Once there was a girl named Rose. We became friends. Rose has lots of friends because she is a good friend, but I have always thought that our friendship was extra special. We have lived, loved and laughed much in the many years we have known one another. We have cried too. There have been weddings and births and deaths. There have been new jobs and new addresses. So much change and yet this special friendship remains a constant. When I think of Rose, the beautiful words that come to mind are loyal, true, strong, generous, smart, snarky and so much fun. The thing is that the stars have aligned and now Rose is blazing an exciting trail across the country. I'm happy for her and for this journey she is embarking upon...this next chapter in her life, and I'm awed by the way she is making things happen. As we gathered on this gem of an afternoon to celebrate her, it finally hit me that she is moving thousands of miles away, and soon. Alas, too far...too soon. It also hit me that I've always wanted to visit California and now I'll have a real good reason to. Godspeed Rosebud! I hope you find what you are looking for, but I know you'll never give up the search.

No comments: