Monday, August 5, 2013

Rainbow Rambling (17/30)

It's 8 o'clock.  The kids are in the basement playing ping pong together.  Yes...together!  Dinner is in the oven.  Chicken Parmesan.  No, we still haven't eaten.  I have come here with a glass of white to write my paragraph, and tonight it really is like pulling teeth.  It is uncomfortable...even painful.  I woke up this morning lacking patience, and this unsettled sense of nagging urgency has permeated my whole day.  It's been one of those days that I cannot wait to get to the end of.  There's no reason for it.   It's been a fine day.  It's just my mood and likely the fact that it's Monday.  Odds are that Mondays make me feel like this.  Nothing new or original. So many of us suffer from the Monday blues, but really it's the Monday greys in my world.  Tuesdays are pink days.  I usually love everything about life on Tuesdays in a steady, sustaining, soul smiling way.  Wednesdays are yellow...still buoyant and bright whether clouds or clear skies.  Thursdays are blue.  Blue like the sky...soaring not sad.  Fridays are green.  Soulfully sage and ripe with possibility and verdant hope.  Saturdays are pretty in pink again, and Sundays go from pink to blue to green to grey.

No comments: