Saturday, January 22, 2011

today

today...
i woke up at 7:30 and shut my eyes again thinking it's too cold to get up.
the sun may be shining, but it's bitter out there.
the next thing i knew it was 9:00.
i had enough time to enjoy a cup of coffee and a chapter before heading out to miss bit's acting class.
we were the first to arrive and i listened from the hallway to my girl carry on such an impressive conversation with the instructor.
i thought...she is the nicest, kindest little six-year old.
i took a cafe au lait to go and finished my book whilst i waited for her class to let out.
i so look forward to this leisurely hour every week.
t. bone braved the cold at the sledding hill with his buddies...the snow that fell overnight too fluffy to resist.
he's at one of the neighbor's houses now with his crew.
the cats are bathing in the sun.
my man offered to rendezvous with my dad to drop off lil bit at a midway point for an impromptu, much anticipated sleepover.
i headed down to the basement to do a little kenpo.
the hot shower i took after my workout felt like nirvana to my already aching muscles...it's been awhile since they've been used like that.
i am quite smitten with my mug of cranberry tea...tart and sweet.
hubby's making chili for tomorrow's family football fiesta...the house smells good and spicy.
i may start a new book and we might watch a movie this afternoon.
tonight we have our couple's bowling league.
it will be good to see our friends and enjoy a night out.
today...today is a good day.

No comments: